Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Quilty Pleasures Wednesday: Busy City Quilt Top

This is just stinking cute and I wanted to share it with you. The pattern is Busy City by Alex of Teaginny Designs and I've had it stored/lost in the sewing room for quite a while. I like the pattern, but since I bought it, they are now offering downloads, which work better than the cd included with the paper version. If your computer doesn't have a cd slot, I recommend the download.

This is just the top, unquilted, so far.



Sky color is off a bit due to the inside lighting, but you get the idea.

The little vehicles are paper pieced and the instructions include the difficulty levels for the various vehicles, dwellings and trees. I like that.

Here's a closer look at the vehicles. Don't you think the police car's door needs a star?

Me, too.


Now, to quilt it. This is when my paralyzed perfectionist tendencies jump out to get me. I am still nervous about free motion quilting, and that sky needs swirls and clouds!

Like the swimming coach used to say early in the cold morning to his team, "Get in the pool!"

1 comment:

I love your comments! What's on your mind?